Women in Islam (Submission)
Are men and women equal in God’s judgment?
The answer is different when it comes to God compared with traditional Islam. Every Westerner thinks that Islam is very chauvinistic and oppressive towards women. In Islam of today as practiced by most traditional sectarian Muslims, this is very true. However, in true Islam (Submission), as revealed in the Quran, nothing could be farther from the truth.
God treats men and women as spiritual equals., Quran 3:195 tells us :
“Their Lord responded to them: “I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you MALE OR FEMALE, YOU ARE EQUAL TO ONE ANOTHER………”
Many of the Muslim countries who claim to follow Islam are treating women as a second class citizens, and some of these women accepted this situation thinking that is what Islam (Submission in English) is advocating. As mentioned previously, God, in the Quran made a complete spiritual equality between men and women, See 3:195.
Most of the degrading, humiliation and poor treatment in these Muslim Countries for women, came from the desertion of the Quran , and refusal of the word of God in favor of some fabrications written in Hadith books that put women on the same level with animals, monkeys , asses or dogs.
The total respect and rights guaranteed by God for the Muslim women can not be taken away by a lie written in another man-made book. While God made men and women spiritually equal as seen in 3:195 the traditional Muslims who prefer Hadith over Quran always remind the women of this alleged Hadith:
“Women are naturally, morally and religiously defective”. (Bukhary).
That is what Bukhary writes not what God says, not what the prophet who represents the message of God could have said, since this statement is totally against the Quran. Because women usually do not have the physical strength of man, hadithists see them as “naturally defective”. They forget that women have other natural qualities in which they are superior to men, like their ability to endure pain, the ability to bear children, etc.
Hadithists see women as “morally defective”, conveniently ignoring the fact that the vast majority of individuals jailed for murder, rape, child abuse, etc. are men. And hadithists claim that women are “religiously defective” but it is they (not God in the Quran) who forbid their daughters from praying and fasting during their menstrual periods and it is they (not God) who discourage the women from going to the mosque, even for Friday prayers.
Their problem is that they have taken the words of men instead of the words of God. After making it all but impossible for a woman to practice her religion for about 25% of her life (the amount of time most women have their periods), is it any wonder that hadithists claim that the majority of people in Hell are women????!
However what God revealed in the Quran is very different. The spiritual equality between men and women is reiterated in 4:124, as follows:
“As for those who lead a righteous life, MALE OR FEMALE. while believing, t hey enter Paradise; without the slightest injustice”
and again in 16:97:
” Anyone who works righteousness, MALE OR FEMALE, while believing, we will surely grant them a happy life in this world, and we will surely pay them their full recompense for their righteous works.”
and yet again in 40:40,
[40:40] Whoever commits a sin is requited for just that, and whoever works righteousness – MALE OR FEMALE – while believing, these will enter Paradise wherein they receive provisions without any limits.
I believe it is time to go back to the Quran, and believe God, before a day comes when the messenger will complain to God, that the Muslims deserted the Quran, 25:30
WOMEN IN ISLAM: Do not miss;
(1) Women Dress code in Islam. by Ahmed Okla
(2) Submitters (Muslim) women Dress code. by Senobar Tafozali & Naima Turner
(3) Women in Islam Vs. Judeo-Christianity
(3b) The Woman’s Status in Christianity & Islam
(4) Are women and men equal in Islam?
(5) Women and Politics in Islam.
(6) Polygamy, the right way .
(7) Women in the religion of Submission (Islam).
(8) Abortion is Murder, No ifs or buts.
(9) The record set straight: Women in Islam have rights, by Noha Ragab.
(10) Blame it on Eve. !!!!! Eve in the Bible Vs the Quran.
(11) Marriage in the Quran. Quranic verses that talk about the marriage issue.
(12) Divorce according to the Quran.
(13) Wedding ceremony format , two formats. Two formats that can be used in an Islamic wedding ceremony.
(13a) Another beautiful wedding ceremony format . Another beautiful Quranic ceremony.
(14) A Marriage question and answer from the Quran.
(15) Engagement question and answer from the Quran.
(16) A Dowry question and answer from the Quran.
(17) Religious Duties and Menstruation . A question/ answer report.
(18) Menstruation, sex, personal hygiene and Quran.
(19) Rights of Hindu women Vs rights of Muslim women.
(20) Wives in Heaven, The contradiction between Quran and Hadith books.
(21) Domestic violence, Wife abuse and beating, a Quranic Perspective
(22) Quran’s rule on Menstruation and Sex.
(23) Prophet Muhammed’s marriage to Aisha.
(24) Islamic Perspective on Pro Life.
(25) Misconceptions about the women in Islam
(26) Women and Men in your Care-Ma Malakat Aymanukum, the Quranic Perspective.
(27) Rape in Islam (Submission).